 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17659
Re: What would happen to your collection....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:49:11 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ted Godwin wrote:
Good question - hey I turned 40 last year too, but I have kids who will get
it all.

There are choices for those without an obvious beneficiary but first you have
ask the really tough question: does the estate need the value of the
collection in cash?

<snip>

If those I left behind didn't need the money and didn't want the LEGO I would
hope they would be pleased to receive a "Thank You" card from Ms. Blondie's
grade five class with a picture of a class project using the LEGO or to see a
plaque at the <http://danstoymuseum.blogspot.com/ Brick Museum> in Ohio with
a "Thank You" message.

I'm going to print this and give it to my friend--these are fantastic
suggestions!  I didn't even think about the donation route.

Thanks Ted!

Dave K