 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13505
Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 07:07:27 GMT

I am experiencing a problem viewing your brickshelf folder.  Do you know if
it is public yet?  Some of the other folders in the same directory as the
DuckPro are also not public.

If not, could you please email the brickshelf admins and find out what the
delay is?  I'd like to comment on the DuckPro, but I can't do that if I
can't see the pics!

I sent email a few days ago to your email address, but have not yet received
a reply.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

"Iain Hendry" <ihendry@ventax.com> wrote in message
(First of all, I hope I've set this to the proper newsgroups.  I've never
"announced" a project I've worked on before.  So apologies in advance if
I've
posted to the wrong area!)

I've had this idea for a few years.  But I finally got around to building
it.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01227.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01227.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

It's an automated LEGO Duck-Building robot.  The robot is a 2-axis
cartesian
gantry which picks and assembles the 3 parts needed to build a LEGO Duck:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01242.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01242.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

Here are some more general photos.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01229.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01229.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01230.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01230.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01231.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01231.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01234.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01234.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01241.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01241.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01245.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01245.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01246.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01246.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

Small videoclip:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/duckpro.mpg>

(But I don't think this works)

The robot is programmed in NQC and has a capacity of 6 d/min (ducks per
minute).
I will have it on display at this weekend's rtlToronto18 competition in
Toronto,
Ontario.

<http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-020005/>

   Iain