 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13465
  Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(First of all, I hope I've set this to the proper newsgroups. I've never "announced" a project I've worked on before. So apologies in advance if I've posted to the wrong area!) I've had this idea for a few years. But I finally got around to building (...) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Iain, Fantastic! I loved this. I never got the video to work. I'm glad you finaly went public with this. I cant wait to see some of your other non-public folders on BS. Chris (19 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Calum host the Vid! Calum host the Vid! Ah come on, host the Vid! Derek Ah, get Dave to do it, he's a nice guy. (19 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Jesus Christ, I don't even have the file. :) Iain, send me the file and I'll host it up on the Peach. Calum (19 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) This Internet thing is not living up to it's promise. I want it now! Now! Now! I tells you! Derek (19 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Waaah! WHERE'S MY DUCK VIDEO!?! I want it now! OOH SHINY BIKES! I LIKE BIKES! BIKES WITH STREAMERS ON THE HANDLEBARS ARE COOL! LET'S GO RIDE BIKES WITH STREAMERS! (URL) (19 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) (URL) (...) Nice! I'd like to make a pneumatic auto-building robot that uses only air power and no RCX. Perhaps you could dress up your robot as a large mother duck! Is it possible to make the RCX "Quack" too? Mark (19 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) phuh, whatever, it's like so 5 minutes ago. Derek -Ok it's really cool. Can't wait to see in on Saturday. Why can't life move faster, I want it to be Saturday Now! (19 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) I can host it at Sparky's Space too! Dave K (19 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Iain, that is PURE GENIUS..... amazing.... can't wait to see it on saturday I would have never thought it could be THIS simple, yet work so well... And completely following my favorite engineering principle: KISS :) Great job! John (19 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Iain Hendry" <ihendry@ventax.com> wrote in message news:ICFqqw.KAH@lugnet.com... (...) Great work Iain! (19 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) snip (...) Wow Iain, that's too cool! (Insert really rude duck job...umm joke here) Awesome job, spotlighted! Looking forward to seeing it on Sat. Janey "Red Brick" (19 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Lego building lego... this could be the start of a bad sci-fi story. Amazing stuff! Cheers Richie (19 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) You could have also included announce.moc if you wanted to but none of the ones you selected are "wrong" in my view, FWIW. (...) Glad you did!. It rocks. Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could see it this weekend but I'll still be in (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

Great robot. How are the parts pushed forward after the robot picks one up? (19 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) The entire machine is mounted on an angle, so the next part in the magazine slides down to take the place of the one removed. Iain (19 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Thanks Bob, and everyone for the kind comments! Sorry I couldn't get it working properly on Saturday. I blame Derek's iMac. :) F9 F9 F9 F9 F9! Iain (19 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

I am experiencing a problem viewing your brickshelf folder. Do you know if it is public yet? Some of the other folders in the same directory as the DuckPro are also not public. If not, could you please email the brickshelf admins and find out what (...) (19 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

What is the name of the piston-like looking part(s) that pick up and stamp the DuckPro. I can't identify it. (19 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Iain used the large shock absorber and designed an axle/slide end-of-arm-tool that was really neat! Basically the axles kept the EOAT from moving around while being pressed down. Maybe there's some pictures sonewhere. The whole assembly was a (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Hi Mitchell, I think the part you're refering to is this: (URL) Accessory Torch" I got the idea from the guys (whos name escapes me, I'm really sorry) who put together this huuuuuge, 7 metre long car assembly system in Germany I think. They (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) Oh, that's a Gun, I Mean Flashlight. Calum (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly

(...) You know, I typed in "Space Gun" and it didn't come up. I went to the 6990 Monorail, to find it. :) Iain (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)