 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13466
Re: Technic MOC: DuckPro Automated Duck Assembly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:50:39 GMT

Iain Hendry wrote:

(First of all, I hope I've set this to the proper newsgroups.  I've never
"announced" a project I've worked on before.  So apologies in advance if I've
posted to the wrong area!)

I've had this idea for a few years.  But I finally got around to building it.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01227.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01227.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

It's an automated LEGO Duck-Building robot.  The robot is a 2-axis cartesian
gantry which picks and assembles the 3 parts needed to build a LEGO Duck:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01242.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01242.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

Here are some more general photos.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01229.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01229.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01230.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01230.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01231.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01231.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01234.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01234.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01241.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01241.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01245.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01245.jpg_thumb.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/dsc01246.jpg<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/thumb/dsc01246.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

Small videoclip:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Duck/Technic/DuckPro/duckpro.mpg>

(But I don't think this works)

The robot is programmed in NQC and has a capacity of 6 d/min (ducks per minute).
I will have it on display at this weekend's rtlToronto18 competition in Toronto,
Ontario.

<http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-020005/>

    Iain

Iain,

Fantastic!

I loved this.  I never got the video to work.  I'm glad you finaly went
public with this.

I cant wait to see some of your other non-public folders on BS.

Chris