 Off-Topic / Geek / 748
Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:42:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Well they still have issues. Right now, over a network, access to Lugnet
is slower than it usually is for me when I am over dialup.  [...]

Oh, I forgot to mention.  Locating the server on triple DS-3's was getting
too expensive.  So we had so scale back a bit -- now it's on a 28.8 modem.

;-)

Semaphore flags would have been a faster means of communication earlier this
afternoon! :)

Richard

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999

(...) Don't you just love the semaphore system? It was ahead of it's time.. 20 years before the invention of the telegraph, they set up entire lines of semaphore stations. I've seen a minor one in France, part of the Paris-Lyon line. Tres cool. I'd (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999

(...) Oh, I forgot to mention. Locating the server on triple DS-3's was getting too expensive. So we had so scale back a bit -- now it's on a 28.8 modem. ;-) --Todd (24 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)