 Off-Topic / Geek / 746
Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:30:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Mike Stanley writes:
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Todd Lehman wrote:
Total offline time was 6 hours, 14 minutes.

Todd, can you tell me how much notice Pair gave you for the outtage
and if you know if they sent word out to all their customers?  I was
always pleased with Pair when I used them and

I remember hearing about it around Thanksgiving intially, I think -- but
I actually think it was even noted on their website a month or two earlier,
before I really started paying close attention to the date.

I received the announcement via e-mail from Pair Technical Support on
November 20, so I guess that's about 2 1/2 weeks, give or take a day or two.

I see a fairly major
website claiming that Pair just "up and moved" to a new location,
taking their server offline for 12 hours with no notice.

They're full of it (not Pair; the other site).  Pair gave more than plenty
notice.

--Todd

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999

(...) Todd, can you tell me how much notice Pair gave you for the outtage and if you know if they sent word out to all their customers? I was always pleased with Pair when I used them and I see a fairly major website claiming that Pair just "up and (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)