 Off-Topic / Geek / 743
Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 15:32:16 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Todd Lehman wrote:
Total offline time was 6 hours, 14 minutes.

Todd, can you tell me how much notice Pair gave you for the outtage
and if you know if they sent word out to all their customers?  I was
always pleased with Pair when I used them and I see a fairly major
website claiming that Pair just "up and moved" to a new location,
taking their server offline for 12 hours with no notice.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/

Message has 2 Replies:
  Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999

(...) The NELUG site is also on Pair and they did give notice that there would be an outage. It was also not down for 12 hours. I am happy with their service and them having to move to a larger data center can only be a good thing because it means (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)
  Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999

(...) I remember hearing about it around Thanksgiving intially, I think -- but I actually think it was even noted on their website a month or two earlier, before I really started paying close attention to the date. I received the announcement via (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999

(...) <smile> It's not midnight yet, so I still have my sense of humor for the day, and on top of that, I know that Larry's joking because he told me yesterday. :-) But just for anyone following along casually, a LUGNET membership buys membership in (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)