 Off-Topic / Geek / 744
Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:02:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Mike Stanley writes:
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Todd Lehman wrote:
Total offline time was 6 hours, 14 minutes.

Todd, can you tell me how much notice Pair gave you for the outtage
and if you know if they sent word out to all their customers?  I was
always pleased with Pair when I used them and I see a fairly major
website claiming that Pair just "up and moved" to a new location,
taking their server offline for 12 hours with no notice.

The NELUG site is also on Pair and they did give notice that there would be an
outage.  It was also not down for 12 hours.  I am happy with their service and
them having to move to a larger data center can only be a good thing because it
means their buisness is good.

Eric

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999

Well they still have issues. Right now, over a network, access to Lugnet is slower than it usually is for me when I am over dialup. Very unscientific but I have to get back to class now... Last time I did a trace/routed it didn't help shed any light (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999

(...) Todd, can you tell me how much notice Pair gave you for the outtage and if you know if they sent word out to all their customers? I was always pleased with Pair when I used them and I see a fairly major website claiming that Pair just "up and (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)