 Administrative / General / 3360

Subject:
Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 19:47:59 GMT

lugnet.com will be down for approximately three to five hours in the middle
of the day on Monday, December 6, 1999, as its ISP (pair Networks, Inc.) is
moving to new headquarters and the server needs to be physically relocated.

More details:

   http://www.pair.com/Move/

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.admin.general]

Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 20:12:15 GMT

lugnet.com will be down for approximately three to five hours in the middle
of the day on Monday, December 6, 1999, as its ISP (pair Networks, Inc.) is
moving to new headquarters and the server needs to be physically relocated.

More details:

  http://www.pair.com/Move/

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.admin.general]

Noooooo!  How will I survive without my daily dose of Lugnet??  Now I may
actually have to do some... *gasp!* work at the office!  Oh, Woe is me...

;)

Jeff

Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999
lugnet.com will be down for approximately three to five hours in the middle
of the day on Monday, December 6, 1999, as its ISP (pair Networks, Inc.) is
moving to new headquarters and the server needs to be physically relocated.

More details:

  http://www.pair.com/Move/

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.admin.general]

Noooooo!  How will I survive without my daily dose of Lugnet??  Now I may
actually have to do some... *gasp!* work at the office!  Oh, Woe is me...

Who works on a Monday?  That's why I'm a grad student.  ;)

The more...piquing (titillating?) part of Todd's notice is that he mentions the
physicality of LUGNET's server.  I wonder, if one went to visit, if we could
"touch" LUGNET...boy, there's all *kinds* of sublimated issues revolving around
*that* one.  I must be brick-retentive.  Here's hoping nobody slips when rolling
the server around.  =:o

best

LFB

Re: Scheduled downtime: Monday, December 6, 1999