 MediaWatch / 2336
Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:19:54 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, John Gerlach wrote:
   LEGO press release

First three paragraphs (only because I don’t want to cut&paste the entire article):

NEW YORK, June 18 /PRNewswire/ -- LEGO Group, the world’s leading construction toy manufacturer, today announces a partnership with Lucasfilm Ltd. to produce building sets based on the Indiana Jones franchise -- one of the most globally successful movie series ever made.

I suppose this means the death knell (or at least on-hold status) for the Adventurers theme, the way Star Wars killed Classic Space?

Still I doubt most people will be quite as emotionally attached to Adventurers..