 MediaWatch / 2336
  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) I suppose this means the death knell (or at least on-hold status) for the Adventurers theme, the way Star Wars killed Classic Space? Still I doubt most people will be quite as emotionally attached to Adventurers.. (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) Classic Space and Star Wars have two distinct looks. I think the only real difference between the Adventurer's line and anything they do with Indiana Jones would be in the characters. Vehicles, temples, tombs, etc. are pretty generic. Unlike (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

--snip-- (...) Not to mention the joy of not getting any more Johnny Thunder's... if I see that minifig head again I think I'll scream ;) Tim (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) But wait - since the old Adventurers and upcoming Indy line share so many similarities, wouldn't it make more sense to only have one and not both? Besides, despite the two distinct looks of Classic Space and Star Wars, it was generally assumed (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) (URL) :-) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) I guess that was what I was trying to say. Instead of looking at it as one theme dying and another being created, I'm looking at it as a continuation, just with different characters. Especially since the last Adventurers set was released four (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) There is an image on (URL) showing Indy. I don't know if it is final, but it looks cool. I am not into themes or lego product other than the elements for me to create what I want, but I am looking forward to seeing what these sets look like. (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) Unlike Space and Star Wars, it was always pretty obvious that Johnny Thunder and the Adventurers theme was flirting with sparking off a copyright lawsuit from Lucasfilm. (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  The Ark of the Covenant (was: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones)

(...) Strangely enough, I started planning the project below not long before the announcement for the official sets came and soon got frustrated over not having the right hat :/ However, the new one seems just perfect! So, here is my small (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: The Ark of the Covenant (was: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones)

(...) Awesome angel solution! Who cares if the wings don't touch? Bruce (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: The Ark of the Covenant (was: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones)

Hi, (...) Very well done! In minfig scale and still detailed. Regards, Barbara (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: The Ark of the Covenant (was: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones)

(...) Thanks to both you and Bruce for the comments :) Matija (17 years ago, 7-Jul-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)