 MediaWatch / 2333
  LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(URL) LEGO press release> First three paragraphs (only because I don't want to cut&paste the entire article): NEW YORK, June 18 /PRNewswire/ -- LEGO Group, the world's leading construction toy manufacturer, today announces a partnership with (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) All right! I've always regretted not getting into the adventurers theme, and now it looks like I will have a second chance. Great accessories, cool minifigs and lots of tan brick! Way to go TLG! (17 years ago, 18-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) This is confirmed. Looking forward to the new movie and the LEGO sets next year... "Big Daddy" Nelson Yrizarry LEGO Ambassador (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce, lugnet.adventurers, FTX) !

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) I suppose this means the death knell (or at least on-hold status) for the Adventurers theme, the way Star Wars killed Classic Space? Still I doubt most people will be quite as emotionally attached to Adventurers.. (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) Classic Space and Star Wars have two distinct looks. I think the only real difference between the Adventurer's line and anything they do with Indiana Jones would be in the characters. Vehicles, temples, tombs, etc. are pretty generic. Unlike (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

--snip-- (...) Not to mention the joy of not getting any more Johnny Thunder's... if I see that minifig head again I think I'll scream ;) Tim (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) But wait - since the old Adventurers and upcoming Indy line share so many similarities, wouldn't it make more sense to only have one and not both? Besides, despite the two distinct looks of Classic Space and Star Wars, it was generally assumed (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

Maybe *now* we'll get a minifig fedora (fingers crossed)! (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) (URL) :-) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) I guess that was what I was trying to say. Instead of looking at it as one theme dying and another being created, I'm looking at it as a continuation, just with different characters. Especially since the last Adventurers set was released four (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) There is an image on (URL) showing Indy. I don't know if it is final, but it looks cool. I am not into themes or lego product other than the elements for me to create what I want, but I am looking forward to seeing what these sets look like. (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) (2 URLs) & Photo (page 6)> (URL) This is from Monday's Wall Street Journal. The print copy (section B front page and page 4) shows that the thing he is holding is a snakey new bull whip piece. -Matt :) (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) Unlike Space and Star Wars, it was always pretty obvious that Johnny Thunder and the Adventurers theme was flirting with sparking off a copyright lawsuit from Lucasfilm. (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

This could also be LEGO's way to slyly "ease" into a military theme. I wouldn't be surprized if they avoid using swastikas and the like, which is just as well perhaps. But I could see this generating all kinds of interestng minifigs and maybe also (...) (17 years ago, 20-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) Given the success of all forms of the LEGO Star Wars game (LSW2-DS being the one notable exception), and the impending release of a much-anticipated LEGO Batman game...I guess this means there's a high likelihood of seeing a game in the LEGO (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) I believe they wouldn't be able to use swastikas and still legally sell in Germany. (17 years ago, 21-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) That symbol featured quite prominently in the films. Was there a special murfled version made for the German market? Maybe lego could do the same, similar to what they did with the Dino Attack theme. Not that I particularly want to see a (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) Don't worry, Al, you may be able to take comfort that the sets include (URL) new guns> in lieu of the murflable symbols. No swastikas(1), but plenty of guns! No problems there! Cheers Richie Dulin (1)IANAN either (17 years ago, 21-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) Personally, I hope they make a set of the face melting scene. (17 years ago, 21-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Will Indiana Jones license bring new minifig skin tones in 2008?

Very interesting news! It raises all sorts of interesting questions. Besides the WWII vehicles/weapons issue already brought up, and the question of how these sets will deal with the swastika symbol so ubiquitous to the 1st and 3rd Indy movies, here (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.year.2008, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

In lugnet.mediawatch, Matthew J. Chiles wrote: (URL) (...) Hmm. I expected Indy to look a little more like Han Solo... This is very cool news! Steve (17 years ago, 22-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Will Indiana Jones license bring new minifig skin tones in 2008?

(...) The Asian issue has been neatly postponed for a later date by the simple fact that they are not going to be releasing any ToD sets in this batch. Three sets will come from Raiders (two of which are unlikely to feature any minifigs besides (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jun-07, to lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) ...oh, come on, Steve! That'd been too easy--! Play Well and Prosper, Matthew "The Brick Detective" (17 years ago, 22-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) Well, he does. Sort of. They both have the same roundish facial structure, a rather unnoticable nose (even if you try to look for it, it's so unnoticable that you'll fail to do so), and brown eyebrows. Indy has stubble, though, which some (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) Thanks. Very cool minifig! Can't wait any longer!!! (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones

(...) Thanks. Very cool minifig! Can't wait any longer!!! (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  The Ark of the Covenant (was: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones)

(...) Strangely enough, I started planning the project below not long before the announcement for the official sets came and soon got frustrated over not having the right hat :/ However, the new one seems just perfect! So, here is my small (...) (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: The Ark of the Covenant (was: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones)

(...) Awesome angel solution! Who cares if the wings don't touch? Bruce (17 years ago, 4-Jul-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: The Ark of the Covenant (was: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones)

Hi, (...) Very well done! In minfig scale and still detailed. Regards, Barbara (17 years ago, 5-Jul-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Re: The Ark of the Covenant (was: LEGO licenses Indiana Jones)

(...) Thanks to both you and Bruce for the comments :) Matija (17 years ago, 7-Jul-07, to lugnet.adventurers, FTX)