 Local / Nippon / *198 (-20)
  LEGO documentary on TV this Saturday (Hong Kong)

Hi, everyone... A documentary called "Lovemarks-LEGO" will be broadcast for the first time this weekend. I was originally told it was going to be a full-length film about people's passions towards brands like LEGO, IKEA, Starbucks (etc), but it (...) (18 years ago, 27-Sep-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.hk, lugnet.loc.cn, lugnet.loc.tw, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.sg, FTX)

  LEGO events at Worldcon 2007

Since I've successfully run LEGO-based events at the (URL) SF/F convention for the past three years, I've been asked to investigate doing the same for the 65th World Science Fiction Convention -- (URL) Nippon2007>, the first Worldcon to be held in (...) (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.events, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.org.us.delvalug, FTX)

  The Japan Premiere of Joe Vig

Announcing the premiere of Joe Vig... to Japan! (URL) In the image, the Japanese characters in black read "Bonyari Bouzu", which means "Oblivious guy". The red characters read "Joo Viggu" (where "Joo" - with a long 'o' - sounds much like his English (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.jp, FTX) !!

  Shinkansen 700T - Taiwanese model

Well, after recieving an email from John Barnes with a pic of a Shinkansen, I decided that I had to have a go at one. Wanting a quick build I decided to go for the 700T the Taiwanese released Shinkansen. See it (URL) here>. (2 URLs) BS gallery> (...) (18 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.tw, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Japan Rail EF64

Hi all, Just uploaded another train, this time a Japanese (URL). This had been sitting on my computer for ages as I had a couple of problems with it, one of which was the door which I've now fixed using the fence offsetting techniques discussed (...) (18 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Contact information for Sugegasa?

(...) His weblog is here.(Japanese font set needed) (URL) I've tried to leave a comment to his weblog that you wanted to contact him. ## ayucow/Ayumi Hayase (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.jp, FTX)

  Contact information for Sugegasa?

Hi all, Does anyone know how to contact the builder with the brickshelf ID (URL) Sugegasa>? I'm sure everyone in .mecha knows his work very well. Bruce (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Military MOCs in LMO -- WWII Russian Tanks

Hello everyone! Last weekend(Sep.10-11),a special event for AFOLs was held in Tokyo,called "LMO JAPAN 2005". About 40 Japanese AFOLs with MOCs(military,mecha,...ace,train, etc...) gathered from all over the Japan. I brought several MOCs following (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.jp) !

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) Fine, I've removed .nz from the crossposting. Tim (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.hk, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) Although more people applying would be nice to see, the real requirement is better people applying. Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.hk, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2

(...) Whoops! Sorry to reply to myself, I set the followupto, not X-post. Stupid me! Tim (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.hk, FTX)

  Plays with the Heaven and Earth Creative Thing Abnormal Play

I finally got my hands on a copy of the Japanese language publication of (URL) The Brick Testament: Stories from the Book of Genesis>, which apprently was released last December: (URL) "Plays with the Heaven and Earth Creative Thing Abnormal Play" (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.jp, FTX) !!

  Re: Microscale train by hitahita-05

(...) He is certainly Japanese LEGO fan. But he didn't make his name public online. (When he posted to Japanese BBS,he usually signed "G@HITAHITA" as nickname.) And I've never heard his webpage or weblog except brickshelf pages. ayucow/Ayumi Hayase (19 years ago, 18-Aug-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.loc.jp)

  Re: Microscale train by hitahita-05

(...) XPosted to .jp as I think that is a shortened form Japanese name. Tim (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.loc.jp, FTX)

  Re: "odaibacontest3" Japanese group contest

In lugnet.build.vignette, Bruce Hietbrink wrote: SNIP (...) There a few more shots of Sigezo's entries: (URL). It's very cool how those 'vignette-y' MOCs were done on a larger scale (even larger than the (URL) guidelines> listed in our FAQ). Too bad (...) (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.loc.jp, FTX)

  "odaibacontest3" Japanese group contest

Hi all, Check out (URL) this gallery>. My interpretation is that a Japanese LUG or fest had a contest with the constraint that the creation had to sit on a 16x16 baseplate (if anyone knows details about this I'd love to know more). There is a great (...) (19 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.loc.jp, FTX)

  Re: Snatch it?

[Steve has a brilliant insight, and cross-posts to lugnet.loc.jp] (...) I tried to post a message on Gonta's board, but I don't think it worked (the translator wouldn't translate the posting-response page, it said there was too much text). I should (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.loc.jp)

  Re: AUSTRALIA !! BUILD IT!! AND THEY WILL COME!! BrickFest (TM) AU ?? 2005

(...) Hello All ! PLEASE READ ALL THE PREVIOUS POSTS ! This Meeting should Be A INTERNATIONAL LEGO MEETING IN AUSTRALIA ! LEGO OZ 2005 or BRICKFEST(TM) AU (MEL,SYD,BNE) I have only been to one BRICKFEST ! (BrickFest PDX), but I have become aware (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.events)

  Re: Looking for Eschenstein

btw: is it embrio from bombardier? very cool design guys from bombardier likes ginger i think :))) see it here (URL) Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:HtI7ss.3vx@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Looking for Eschenstein

Hello! (...) Well, this is the disadvantage of the recent privacy practice at BrickShelf :-( Unfortunatelly I can't find any connection to any persons I know, sorry. I'm not even sure if the person who built this creations is really German. At least (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.de, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact