 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5245
Subject:
8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:09:50 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

All,

A few lucky folks are going to be very happy this weekend...

We just found a few (very few) 8880 Super Car sets in a corner of the
warehouse. There seriously aren't many, so if you want one, you had better
hurry.

Since there are so few, we are only announcing this here at LUGNET.

The limit is 2 per customer in order to give everyone a better chance of
actually getting one! Please use the source code A2CAR.

Good luck!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer
LEGO Direct

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:25:51 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
We just found a few (very few) 8880 Super Car sets in a corner of the
warehouse. There seriously aren't many, so if you want one, you had better
hurry.

Since there are so few, we are only announcing this here at LUGNET.

The limit is 2 per customer in order to give everyone a better chance of
actually getting one! Please use the source code A2CAR.

Good luck!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer
LEGO Direct

Aaah, aahh, aaahh.  I can't find it.  Is this US only?

Oh, and thanks ever so much by the way!

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:30:09 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
All,

A few lucky folks are going to be very happy this weekend...

We just found a few (very few) 8880 Super Car sets in a corner of the
warehouse. There seriously aren't many, so if you want one, you had better
hurry.

Since there are so few, we are only announcing this here at LUGNET.

The limit is 2 per customer in order to give everyone a better chance of
actually getting one! Please use the source code A2CAR.

Good luck!

Jake,

I rushed to the LEGO website to find this set, but was unsuccessful in my
attempt; is this valid for phone orders only? Is it available everywhere?

TIA,

Pedro

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:32:42 GMT

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Aaah, aahh, aaahh.  I can't find it.  Is this US only?

Oh, and thanks ever so much by the way!

It isn't on the web, you have to call them and I suspect this is US only.  I
just ordered mine (and I only ordered one).  The woman I spoke with said
they didn't have many.  Order quick - you'll need the "A2CAR" code Jake
mentioned in order to place the order.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:37:50 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Simon Bennett writes:
Aaah, aahh, aaahh.  I can't find it.  Is this US only?

I can't find it either. Where are we supposed to look? Where is the "source
code" supposed to go?

On another note, what happened to the Williams F1 car? I can't find that one
either. I though it was available now.

TJ

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:40:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mike Walsh writes:

Aaah, aahh, aaahh.  I can't find it.  Is this US only?

It isn't on the web, you have to call them and I suspect this is US only.  I
just ordered mine (and I only ordered one).  The woman I spoke with said
they didn't have many.  Order quick - you'll need the "A2CAR" code Jake
mentioned in order to place the order.

I got one (woohoo!), and I'm in Canada.
The person on the phone didn't ask for the code.

Jeff J

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:43:08 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:

We just found a few (very few) 8880 Super Car sets in a corner of the
warehouse. There seriously aren't many, so if you want one, you had better
hurry.

Sorry, meant to mention... this is US only and only available over the phone.

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer
LEGO Direct

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:44:19 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Simon Bennett writes:
Aaah, aahh, aaahh.  I can't find it.  Is this US only?

I can't find it either. Where are we supposed to look? Where is the "source
code" supposed to go?

On another note, what happened to the Williams F1 car? I can't find that one
either. I though it was available now.

TJ

You have to dial shop at home. Less than 25 left now.

1-800-453-4652

I think Williams F1 is under Racers (don't ask me why)

Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:44:26 GMT

Jake,

Any truth to ther rumor that the LEGO Warehouse looks like the last scene in
the Speilberg Movie, "Raiders of the Lost Arc?"

It might mean some interesting "finds" in the future.

I could as an amateur archeologist offer to come to the LEGO Warehouse and
"unbury" some treasures for a small finders fee. ;^)

Todd