 LEGO Company / 3712
Re: The Future of Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:50:41 GMT

I have probably said this before but here goes again. I can think of few other
sub-cultures that are as educated, creative (in an engineering way), and
passionate as the LEGO sub-culture. I have constantly been amazed at the
incredibly creative solutions that y'all come up with to solve almost any
problem with bricks and programming. I mean, heck, when there was not a 3d
graphical design solution--y'all simply wrote one. Well, I do not mean it was
simple, just that is was just done. There was not a sculpture program, so
someone wrote one. There was not a mosaic program, so someone wrote one. Y'all
write OPERATING SYSTEMS, for heavens sake. How much trouble can it be to come up
with an alternative track and alternative motor?  Many of you are incredible
mechanical engineers--electrical engineers--software engineers-some are even
probably civil engineers.

My background is in product design and I know there are always plenty of viable
solutions out there if someone or group will just do it.

I mean--y'all are really smarter and more creative in many ways than TLG--

I just seem to find it funny that y'all cannot come up with a "standard"
alternative to the problem. You already have the specification list and that is
30% of the solution.

Am I missing something? I might be. Now I do not want to criticize anyone--and
this is not meant to be critical--but how difficult would it be to get a group
to come together, create a specification, and then get it manufactured? If y'all
really have the numbers that you think you have, it has to be worth the effort
for some small nimble company to fill the niche.

Tommy Armstrong

Re: The Future of Trains
[...]

I have to throw something in here...

Tommy probably doesn't realize this (and I'm probably breaking some rule by
telling him), but those of us up heah yonder Nawth sometimes use words like
"y'all" in a condescending, rednecky way. But for those of you reading this, I
want you to know that Tommy really does sound like he types. He actually talks
like that. It's not a redneck kinda sound, though, it's the Southern Gentleman
sound. More Andy Griffith or Jed Clampett, not so much Jeff Foxworthy or Boss
Hog.

He ain't all that bad.... for a Rebel.

Re: dnecks (was Re: The Future of Trains)
[...]

Are ya'll makin fun of us purebread (not imbred as you may suspect) good
ole' country boys?  Don't make me call up Roy D. Murcer to come whoop your

:P

-Rob

FUT - o-t.fun

Re: The Future of Trains