 LEGO Company / 2150
Re: Quality issue - update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:31:42 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Scott Arthur wrote:

   So, I assume they mean five thousandths (0.05mm)

I think you mean 0.005? (ie the same as the ULB above). Anyhow, the precision of molds may not be the same as moulding precision?

Doh, typo. Yeah, as Calum also pointed out, that may indeed be another great source of confusion as to the parts vs. the molds. Makes me curious to know what level of precision MegaBloks, etc use for their molds. I haven’t done too much with MegaBloks, but my limited experience with Best-Lock was that they were worse than Lego. Not really enough to be problematic on smaller models, but it looked like larger creations might get odd with Best-Lock bricks.

DaveE