 LEGO Company / 2141
Re: Quality issue - update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:41:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Jake McKee wrote:
I mentioned that this is a "perceived" quality issue because on the surface it
seems to be an obvious quality issue, but in reality, there is nothing out of
place. I have checked with our Quality Assurance department for some details and
they have passed along some info.
When I check sets and brick I've bought in the last 12 months, I
perceived several quality issues I never noticed in the years before.
Not only Bens and Juergens plates, but also breaking bricks, bricks with
"wrong" grip (Studs too small, can't hold a brick & opening too small
too, hard to put down on or remove off "normal" bricks), the Knight Bus
colour (although only second hand, I've not bought such a set due to the
problems), to name a few.

Two of these problems have been adressed so far - by being labeled as
"within acceptable quality derivation". These obvious quality issues
have been wiped off the table just like that.

Yes, there have been quality derivations in the past, but their extend
seems to have grown considerably in the last months, and the handling of
these issues have become worse.

Or does the companies' statements you delivered just imply that we all
have been blind, deaf and stupid in the years before, and just suddenly
gone picky on non-issues?

Sometimes I wonder if Lego plans a Great Renaming to "Lebi" - Leg billig.

Yours, Christian
Leg Bedre! (And see you in Berlin)