 General / 49284
49283  |  49285
Subject:
lattice windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:56:36 GMT

Posted this message already,
but since I've used a space wing,
I thuoght it might be interesting for
space too.

Using the lattice windows for church buildings often gave me the feeling of
coming up with too small or too low windows.

Looking for solutins I came up with three variations.

I.
With this picture in mind:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Windows/stainglassedwindow.bmp
(deeplink)
(who can help me out where this one came from?
I would be happy to show my debts)

I tried to make a double kind
and extended it with a 2 x 6 arch. I also added a shutter:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Windows/latticewindows014.jpg
(deeplink)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Windows/latticewindows015.jpg
(deeplink)

I like the concept, but think it better fits in
with a castle type of building, instead of a church.

II.
Then I came up with this piece:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=30036

and made this nice window out of it:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Windows/latticewindows016.jpg
(deeplink)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Windows/latticewindows017.jpg
(deeplink)

I'm happy to have found use of this big wing,
aside of using it in space mocs.
(Do I see here another link between space and castle? ;-))

III.
After that I thought of using this piece:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=4151

and came up with the largest version,
and in my opinion with a very decent kind of church window,
easily filled with trans-plates to make the impression
of stained glass windows:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Windows/latticewindows011.jpg
(deeplink)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Windows/latticewindows010.jpg
(deeplink)

In this picture you can see all three of them:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Windows/latticewindows009.jpg

As always,
let me know what you think!

Thanks