 General / 48573
Re: Pick-a-Brick inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 06:00:18 GMT

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 11:23:06AM +0000, Maarten Steurbaut wrote:
I haven't the faintest idea of how others make
inventories at the Lego stores, but I came up with the idea of making a standard
datasheet.¬¬ You can find my datasheet at
<http://users.skynet.be/maarten.steurbaut/BulkTracker.doc>.¬¬ It is only a table
in a Word-document (I don't have a legal or illegal copy of Excel).

(Unfortunately we still don't know what PaBTrak will offer us)

I like your document.  That would have made it easy to grab an initial
inventory of a store.  Once the initial inventory has been done, I
take a sheet showing the last know location of all parts to easily
verify if the contents of any bin has changed.

While waiting for PaBTrak to give us some tools, I wrote a 130 line Perl
script to convert a csv spreadsheet into 3 useful HTML pages.  When I get
another couple hours to work on it, I will make the pages dynamic and
add a few more features.

The Solomon Pond store current inventory (as of today) is now here:

  http://www.elecbrick.com/lego/pabwall/pablist_part.html

For verifying and updating the inventories, I like the wall format.
Take this printout to the store and you can easily spot any changes.

  http://www.elecbrick.com/lego/pabwall/pabwall.html

My raw data format is like this:

  A1,Lime,3001,Brick 2 x 4
  B1,Orange,3003,Brick 2 x 2
  C1,Black,3710,Plate 1 x 4
  D1,Red,3044,Slope Brick 45 2 x 1 Double
  E1,Green,3021,Plate 2 x 3
  F1,Yellow,3001,Brick 2 x 4
  G1,Green,3004,Brick 1 x 2

The columns are wall location (in spreadsheet notation,) color in Peeron
format and ldraw part number.  The part name is useful for people but is
ignored by the script.