 General / 48572
Re: Brickshelf and ads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:45:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Øyvind Steinnes wrote:

"Øyvind Steinnes" <phoenix@online.no> wrote in message
Is it just me who thinks there have been TOO much ads now at Brickshelf?

The latest thing is that there is an large ad above each image you look at.
Before that it was just an small ad at the bottom of each page, and one at
the start insted of a image in the table of images.

And I think that if I'm going to pay for this service I do NOT want to see
those ads everywhere.
I'm totaly aware of the fact that giving us a service as Brickshelf it is
not for free, someone have to pay for it, but there have been TOO much ads
now.

I have used Brickshelf the last years for a source of inspiration, and the
last six month I have checked the "recent" page almost every day and was
browsing all images if there was something that was intresting, like a new
technic MOC.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
Norway

Forget this rant!  I have just received an email from Kevin Loch that they
have actually changed the Member Contribution System so that everyone that
pays mor than $20 or more per calendar year does not see ANY ads when logged
in!

With the notable exception of the homepage, which currently is static.  That
will change soon though so we can show a few thumbnails of highlighted folders
there.

Hurray!

$200 is on its way to Brickshelf now   :D

wow! that is a very generous donation.  Keep in mind that donation levels
get reset on January 1.

Kevin Loch