 General / 47930
Re: Tracking Pick-a-Brick inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2004 16:03:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Peter Howkins wrote:

I'm not a big fan of the Hamleys pick a brick, the selection is
poor compaired to the Lego Store in Kingston upon Thames.

Also I feel a bit stupid after getting hit by their nasty prices.
I misunderstood the sign that said.
Any 1 for 4.99
Any 2 for 6.99
Being on a bargain hunt I filled up 2 bags.
Price paid 11.98
Their are 2 sizes of bags, both very similar in size, one
with a little number 1 on and one with a little number 2.

Watch those wallets in Hamleys :(

Peter

Given this, it may be prudent to have a "Value for money" rating on the various
stores in the tracker. Ie - a rating from 0-10. Clicking on the store could give
finer grained details of the rates.

I must admit- having been caught out by price differences in Hamleys myself
before - it is only worth going to to view and not buy. I have only bought in
there last minute (I used to work around the corner).

This said- if you are ever in London - it is worth going around Hamleys simply
because it is one of the largest toy-stores I know. For those who have never
seen it - imagine a department store entirely filled with different sections of
toys.  Last time I visited, around half a floor was given to Lego.

Danny