 General / 48574
Re: Pick-a-Brick inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 09:12:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Doug Eaton wrote:

The Solomon Pond store current inventory (as of today) is now here:

http://www.elecbrick.com/lego/pabwall/pablist_part.html

For verifying and updating the inventories, I like the wall format. Take this printout to the store and you can easily spot any changes.

http://www.elecbrick.com/lego/pabwall/pabwall.html

The columns are wall location (in spreadsheet notation,) color in Peeron format and ldraw part number. The part name is useful for people but is ignored by the script.

This “wall format” is very beautiful but can only be used for one single store. We would need a different document for every shop (they could all be derived from one database of course). I also wonder if they would keep the elements always in the same location. And how can they add a new element? (or maybe you don’t want them to add elements...)
I was in Billund last year, and I’ve seen Huw’s pictures from this year: a huge difference !! The shop in Billund is (correct me if I’m wrong) the biggest with the widest range of elements.
On the other hand you are absolutely right that my document “makes it easy to grab an initial inventory of a store”, but not for updating the inventory.
Anyway, if nothing shows up for updating the Billund inventory before mid-August, I’ll take my document with me. Hopefully the people from the Brickish Association can use it to update their “BulkTracker”.

Maarten