 Events / BricksWest / 791
Re: Saturday General Session Announcements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:58:17 GMT

Grand Admiral wrote:

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Frank Filz wrote:
- pirate game unlikely (after last year's experience, I just don't see it
  happening, there isn't time or energy)

Whoaaaa there, son. We recognized that downside from last year, and made efforts
to rectify the situation this time around.

We specifically are separating public and private hours this year to accomodate
things like your Pirate Game. Since we have a single large conference room, we
are having public hours from 10am-4pm, then we close the doors and have private
attendee hours from 4pm-12am. There will be LOTS of time for the Pirate Game to
take place.

That will help (last year the public did continue past the 4 PM time
frame as I recall). The concern I still have is having enough energy
after catering to the public for 6 hours. I know that when a show is
over for the day, I don't feel like doing a whole lot.

I'm just going to have to decide which event I want to go to, and then
assuming I do go to NW BrickCon, I'll have to see how it actually goes.
Note also that there have to be players who feel like it...

Frank