 Events / BricksWest / 787
Re: Saturday General Session Announcements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:26:52 GMT

Mark P wrote:
This is a community here, and it does not look like that was taken into
consideration by the planners (whoever they are) of this BFpart2. I am sure many
of us would have been more than happy to lend a hand but now it just seems like
we were left out in the cold - and thats just not a cool feeling in any way.

I'm sorry that people feel left out, but an event can't be planned with
100s of people. While some (all?) of the brick cons were initially
kicked off with a public call for interest, they quickly took the
planning private (however, I believe this years BricksWest invited too
many people onto the internal discussion - causing unecessary strife).

Unfortunately there is a bit of an information vaccuum because Steve
made an announcement Saturday, but presumably won't really have net
access until today.

I also know that numerous people have been involved in the initial
planning for this event. Now that a public announcement has been made,
more people will be invited to be involved. I also know that people in
SC were consulted about the feelings on doing 2004 in Portland. Perhaps
not everyone who should have been consulted was, but I know Steve felt
he had to contain this discussion.

There is a big problem that now is the time to get the ball rolling.
Unfortunately, due to how things were playing out with Brick Media
Productions, people felt they had to walk on eggshells. That means
keeping the list of people in discussions small. We still don't know
what all has transpired, and until some people come public with how they
have been affected, some of us don't feel comfortable talking about all
the details that led to the decision to go forward.

Frank