 Events / BrickFest / 1889
Re: Saturday General Session Announcements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:26:50 GMT

<snip>

Why Portland????

What possible draw is Portland????

To me the draw of BW was LLCA!!  I'm not one of those 'same old, same old', but
I can understand that feeling.  To be fair, another draw IS the store/being able
to buy sets there as well as the pick-a-brick.  Also (to me anyway) is the
ability to extend my vacation to Disneyland if I felt like it.

A lot of what I have read in this thread seems petty(ie. the thought of taking
it away from Southern California...oh the horror!!).  BUT, there have been some
good points...why Portland when only a few months earlier in the (roughly)same
geographic area there will be NWBrick Con???

I can understand the...frustration of no answers at all regarding BW from those
who know, but it would be nice to know/understand the why/why not...

Bah...

ATM, the only Con (to me anyways) worth saving money for is next years
Brickfest.  I have been there before, was looking forward to going to BW for the
attraction of the park and the store, but see now reason to go to NWB (no
offense meant against the organizers/attendees of it).

If I am left with the choice of Portland, NWB, or BF...I will choose BF as to me
it is the one to attend, and has a Lego store we can go to.  Some of my comments
won't sound right/won't come out right, but coming from Edmonton(Alberta) and
having to convert my money into USD, I will honestly choose where is likely to
give me the most bang for my buck (and sadly, Portland is not it).

Jason Krish

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Steve Barile announced LFPDX 2004

Correction, that was the internal code name! Here is more detail:

As most of you know, BricksWest was held in mid February in both 2002 and
2003... unfortunately BricksWest will not be able to continue next year.

Rather than lose momentum, Steve Barile and others in the community got together
and discussed what could be done. After consultation with BrickEvents LLC, they
are happy to announce that the offical name will be "BrickFest PDX 2004"