 Events / BricksWest / 745
Re: BW04? (Re: Saturday General Session Announcements)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:38:59 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Paul Sinasohn wrote:

-snipped-

And don’t forget the VERY active BAYLUG/BAYLTC folks, who are put upon by having to travel to BOTH locations.

The event doesn’t ‘need’ to stay in SoCal - it is just more convenient for YOU if it is there. That’s not in the “Play Well” spirit of things.

That’s how I’m feeling about this. I’m cool about exchanging locations from Bay area one year and So Cal the next but to include the Pac NW when they already have the NW BrickCon, which, btw, is going into its second run, just doesn’t quite have it for me.

   Having said that, I’m angry with Steve as well, as I was under the impression that this would be a collaboration among folks to set up, not a glorified local LUG meeting run by one group. In particular, I volunteered - and was accepted - to run registration for the event, but haven’t heard a thing about it.

Yea, I think I know what your saying too. I very breifly saw that part of the presentation Steve put up with the list of who’s onboard and I was getting an uneasy feeling looking at it.

Over to you Steve....

Donning fireproof suit now...

Paul Sinasohn speaking for myself, not for any organization