Re: Castle World is dead.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:51:47 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Johannes Koehler wrote:
Hello!

I actually find it nice to see so many people involved over
this discussion. It jus’ means that the Castle-Community
is thriving and that different directions are being explored!

Of course the 'Castle World community' must not be confused with the 'LEGO
Castle community'. There *may* be people out there who build castles, churches,
medieval towns, chariots and battle machines or even just collect LEGO Castle
sets who are not at all interested in Castle World. Not everybody who builds
castles and keeps and so on wants to create a complete kingdom or wants to join
any 'guild'. And even if one creates a complete kingdom it does not
automatically mean that this kindgom shall be situated in 'Castle World'. No
matters who claims to be webmaster/dictator/emperor of this castle world.

This is one of the most sensible posts of this entire thread, IMO. I'm not a
Castle-head, but I've been following the discussion here -- half entertained,
half annoyed by the level of whining I'm reading.

In my view, Jojo's point makes so much sense. Castle World =/= The LEGO Castle
Community.

Nothing requires the CW admins to cede power to anyone. Sure, I believe in "s---
or get off the pot," and from my vantage point it certainly would be *nice* of
the CW admins to allow new people to revive the project if they aren't going to
do anything. However, when it all boils down, they own CW. Period. If the
sandbox owners aren't going to play the way you want them to play, go start your
own sandbox. For the sake of your own community, don't limit your scope to the
confines of one (stale) collaborative project!

This is why I think that Castle World is not THE site for a LEGO Castle
community. It's not even the portal, it's just one site amongst others.

Exactly! No one is confining you to the idea of Castle World but yourselves.

-Tim