Re: A spark of Life (was: CW is dead)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 00:30:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Andrew Engstrom wrote:

How would war and conquest be managed?  Probably by good storytelling.  Each
side could have two or three "turns" at telling their response to a battle.  The
overall administrator ("Archbishop"?  "King"?) would hear each side's story and
give a verdict as to who won the war/battle/skirmish and award land as he sees
fit.  If a realm desires only peace and quiet, it could be said that it lies in
a magical invisible valley, is protected by ancient magic, etc.  I think I would
find CW wars fun!

I recall an idea similar to that one surfacing with the earlier CQ/ DraKen
discussions a few months back. The idea I recall, though, deals with reports of
the actual encounter between both sides and the strategies used to
reach the resolution. (scenarios could be conducted through IM, sort of like
chess, but more convoluted. I'm drafting out a way to create a faster version
for online playing, but I have my share of doubts.)
Still, my description was at best, sketchy.

http://www.lugnet.com/~1112/Syndication/

A review of your ideas presents some very interesting concepts, though...
I'll try to get back to you on the rest of them.

Osprey, over and out

{M. Aaron Hein}