Re: Castle World is dead.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:00:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Richard Noeckel wrote:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Alex Polimeni wrote:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Richard wrote:
_It doesn't belong to you!!!

Create your own Castle World type community.

Just leave, right, then? Go make a new board.
Let this one rot in memorys of "good old days."

I don’t really care what you do.
But it just might be easier to create
your own if they won’t let you in.

Its a community! How can we be a community when there are cheifs that make
everyone else wait on them? You cannot run a community by going by your leisure!

!!!If you don’t like what McDonalds is serving, you
don’t talk to old’ Ronald, you jus’ go over to Burger King.

well, actually, they both stink,  so you make your own food.

And thus, “so make your own [website].”

We had wanted to try to re-format what groundwork was already layed. Ihop said
that we could work with it, and then said we couldnt, and so on.

Let them do their thing…stop makin’ demands from them.
Do your own thing…be creative…

Do their thing? Its suppost to be a community.

!A community created by them...
That gives them precedence, and control.

Over the entire community? Were the community, and we have no power? I think
that WE, the community, should have control over it. Ihop keeps an entire
community waiting, not telling them what hes doing for a website etc. How is
this a nice community?

And no skills? No skills, eh? I suppose knowing how
Mythologies are made, how castles are built, how towns thrived,  how online
communitys work, how websites are made and maintained, how projects get off the
ground and keep going is no skills? If you arnt a has-been you dont have any skills, i
guess.

I wasn’t aware that this ‘open-letter’ to the community was addressed
specifically to you. It appears a bit neurotic to defend yourself in
regards to a generalized statement I made to the group.

I was also reffering to other people. I dont have skills in some of those areas
i stated. But you were suggesting Ihop was really skilled and nobody else was.
And, if we are skilled enough, why dont we take over it?

Oh well, i guess im just not skilled in anything. *Siiigghhh.

Sure, if that’s what you think…
But from what you wrote you sound like a pretty talented guy.
Perhaps even talented enough to create your own castle community.

Why? Why not use the one that already exists? Why splinter?

You have as much control over Castle World as you do
over Lugnet TM. Just because you really like and use the
medium doesn't entitle you to it’s direction. If Todd or Suz
choose to let Lugnet go…or KILL it completely they can do
so without recourse. Castle World doesn't have publicly
listed stocks, you are actually lucky these people readily
read and reply to what you write.

Its an arrowed COMMUNITY! We all are suppost to go under one person?

You can go under who ever you like.  ;-)

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttssssssssss nooooooooooooooooooot
traaaaaaaaaaaademaaaaaaaarkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeedededdd!

What makes hop-frog so great?

What difference does this make?
It doesn’t matter to me.
I'm talkin' about their creation!

Their creation that they said we could use, then when that challenged them they
denied it. If you make something for the community you have to do something with
it. And its not like they even tried to keep CW alive- its been dead since 01!!

Were all members, and were all inthusiests of lego.
This kind of behavior is total Orcgutz.

Yes, members of Lugnet.
And members of an AFOL Castle enthusiast Internet society,
but not really members of a defunct  castle web-site!?!

CW was meant for this community. its OURS!

Essentially, whatever you say about dictatorship and
whatnot is true, if not irrelevant.
Don’t make demands of others and their creative works.
Make your own path, and ‘choose your own adventure.’

well, Sava is called a "dictator" and then you yourself say that Hop frog has
total dictatorialship over the CW project and everything!

I, myself, did not say "total dictatorship."
My above statement clearly states" "whatever you say about..."

"Whatever you say about dictatorship is true. Ihop is dictator. You should all
bow down and wait for him to get his brown goop together." thats what your
saying, right?

If he doesnt want to update it in a century, well, we can just wait, right?

...Wait... do something... it doesn't matter!
That's your choice, and it's also his.

Well, i guess it is his choice to doom CW for the rest of eternity.

We dont have rights to make demands.

!!!Not on his time or creation!!!
But you can feel free to throw around as many demands
as you feel like if you believe it'll make things better.

The community should have control over its own fate! Not some dude that never
does anything!

We cant do anything.

You could start your own Castle World TM
instead of taking another’s pet-project?

A pet project meant for the COMMUNITY! its a COMMUNITY in ITESLF! Dos thou not
understand that you have to keep a community updated, listen to the members if
you want to keep it running? Ihop does not do that!

Their lucky we even CARE about that crummy
old world they dont do anything with!

If it’s so “crummy” why do you want it?
Obviously it means something to you.
Why then do you demean it?

Its dead currently. With new blood we could probably ressurect it and do MORE
with it. Which would you prefer, actually? A new community somewhere else
entirly or just a replacement of CW?

But its all squish because we have no power and Hop-Frog is dictator.
All hail Rich!!

Yup, you have no power over Hop-Frog.
But you have power over yourself…power to create something new.

As i said, it would be nice to work on groundwork that has been laid. But if we
have to work in the air, i guess Ihop can just muddle about his website for the
rest of eternity.

In essence, Castle World is a ‘privately-created-website’
that aims to foster the development of the Lego Castle
community.

Why should we not have power of CW?

Perhaps because you didn’t create it and it does not belong to you.

RRRRAAAUUUGHHHH! If its a COMMUNITY the MEMBERS have CONTROL! YOU DO NOT FOSTER
A COMMUNITY WITH A SITE SUCH AS CW THAT IS NEVER UPDATED  AND NEVER HAS NEW
BLOOD!

What the heck kind of  community is this? You contridict yourself.
So, we should fall in line or make our own community,
but we have to fall in line- augh!

I did not say: “fall in line.”
I'm simply talkin’ about the rights of an individual
or individuals to their time and creative works.
It’s a matter of personal choice about what one does with their creations.
If Pawel chooses to be lethargic and differs responsibility to Hop-Frog
then it’s their choice. They didn’t choose you… so the choice is not in you
hands.

Yes, and Hop-Frog cant TAKE responsibility! He doesnt try to do anything with
it! If were a community, were all equal.

Your incomprehensible.

Perhaps you miss understood then.
Hope it’s better now!

Actually, you failed in that. As far as i can tell, were the community, we
should either leave entirly or wait about for a dead project to become undead by
the hand of someone who cannot ressurect the dead. CW keeps claiming to be
alive, and really is not.It would be with fresh blood running through it. New
people. Then add to it. Branch it out more. Create a real, a great community on
the old groundwork.

If were all members here, then Hop-Frog has no special powers. I understand its
his pet project, but he shouldnt keep an entire community waiting simply because
he is lazy.

                     --==Richard==--

Aramir of Uldeseen. And by the way, IIIITTTSSS NOOOOT TRADDDEEEMARRKKEDDD!