Re: Castle World is dead.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 04:04:36 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Richard Noeckel wrote:
What’s wrong with those of you who
think you’re entitled to Castle World TM.

_It doesn't belong to you!!!

It was created by a group of old-skool
Lugnetters, and it’s their baby.

If you don’t like it…too bad.

Create your own Castle World type community.

!!!If you don’t like what McDonalds is serving, you
don’t talk to old’ Ronald, you jus’ go over to Burger King.

Let them do their thing…stop makin’ demands from them.
Do your own thing…be creative…

I think this stems from the fact that there was discussion about
allowing the evolution of Castleworld, but different people with different
ideas about what should be done next, with their own individual pre-concieved
ideas.

You are right that CW is a creation of the Old Skool Castle Community.
But I think the overlying point is that if they wanted it dead, then they
should have killed it.  I don't have the problem about wanting to keep an
archive of what's been said and done in the past, actually I want a resource
like that.

It was discussed that we should work with the existing structure first.
If that didn't work out, then start a new organization.  We wanted to
unify the community, not further fragment it.

So to have a new Castle World and say a new Castle community organization
would both further divide the community, and waste efforts.  A ILTCO-type
organization would be embracing of other projects, but there should be
a high degree of co-operation between the different projects, so as to
keep the community united.

This may seem like Fantasy, but I don't think I'm wrong when we want to
bring it back to the level of 2001 or better, when the collaberation in the
community was very strong.

Just my 2 cents,

Benjamin Medinets