Re: Castle World is dead.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 03:13:17 GMT

What’s wrong with those of you who
think you’re entitled to Castle World TM.

_It doesn't belong to you!!!

It was created by a group of old-skool
Lugnetters, and it’s their baby.

If you don’t like it…too bad.

Create your own Castle World type community.

!!!If you don’t like what McDonalds is serving, you
don’t talk to old’ Ronald, you jus’ go over to Burger King.

Let them do their thing…stop makin’ demands from them.
Do your own thing…be creative…

And once you’ve created your own project, and in a
few years later loose a bit of momentum, I hope some
bright-eyed individual whose greatly enthusiastic but
completely devoid of skills come up to you and wants
to change the direction, make their own updates,
and replace you.

_Just something to think about.

You have as much control over Castle World as you do
over Lugnet TM. Just because you really like and use the
medium doesn't entitle you to it’s direction. If Todd or Suz
choose to let Lugnet go…or KILL it completely they can do
so without recourse. Castle World doesn't have publicly
listed stocks, you are actually lucky these people readily
read and reply to what you write.

Essentially, whatever you say about dictatorship and
whatnot is true, if not irrelevant.
Don’t make demands of others and their creative works.
Make your own path, and ‘choose your own adventure.’

I actually find it nice to see so many people involved over
this discussion. It jus’ means that the Castle-Community
is thriving and that different directions are being explored!

In essence, Castle World is a ‘privately-created-website’
that aims to foster the development of the Lego Castle
community.

Thus, if you want to foster development or create unanimity
in your own way go ahead, just don’t ask others to do the work for you!
If you cared soooo much you’d have created your own Castle World-esk community.

Thanks for listening,

                 --==Richard==--