Subject:
Nominations for the Castle World Committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:14:10 GMT

I would like to take a step toward the New Castle World. I feel a committee should be assembled to decide where CW is going. Therefore, I have started this thread to form the Castle World Committee (CWC). The committee’s purpose is not to administrate Castle World, but to put forth a set path upon which the new Castle World admin(s) will take the website into the future. Here are a few questions I believe the CWC should address:
  • What role/purpose should Castle World play in the Lugnet.Castle community?
  • What content should be available to the community on the Castle World website?
  • How should the new Castle World website be set up, and what designs should be considered and perhaps voted upon?
  • How should the new Castle World be administrated? And then, who should be nominated to administrate the new Castle World?
I feel the Castle World Committee should be picked out of the Lugnet.Castle Community. Castle World is a website for the greater whole, not for one person, and so I believe the community is what should govern where it is going. Therefore, here are some criteria to help explain why I have nominated the individuals that I have:

I believe CWC members should:
  1. Have participated in the Castle World discussion thus far
  2. Have been posting in Lugnet.Castle or its subsidiary groups in the last three months outside of the Castle World discussion in a minimum of three different threads
  3. Have created at least one new MOC or LEGO related creation and posted it to .castle in the last six months - or - has been especially active in Lugnet.castle in the last six months
Castle World is about the here and now. I realize that these criteria rule out some of our most influencial heroes, but let us look at facts. If they haven’t been here on a regular basis, how can they say they want an active role in Castle World when they haven’t given US and active role? Of course, none of this rules out participation in CW once it has been re-formed.

The members of the CWC aren’t necessarily good builders, nor are they necessarily famous all over Lugnet, nor have the necessarily been posting long. But as long as they have been active, they have the potential to be influencial.

Using these criteria, I have decided to nominate the following individuals into the CWC, in alphabetical order by last name:
  • Leonard Hoffman
  • Benjamin Medinets
  • Alex Polimeni
  • Nathan Wells
  • Anyone who fits criteria 2 and 3 who wishes to be inolved
Now to be democratic, to be a member of the committee, your nomination must be recognized and seconded. If you match the criteria, and are nominated by someone else, like the four people above, you merely need to be seconded by someone other than yourself. Once you’re seconded, you’re finalized, and you’re in.

So in order to be clear, someone needs to second each of the above four nominees. Once one person, other then themselves, seconds their nominations, they are in the CWC.

If you nominate yourself, your nomination must be recognized and seconded by two different people other than yourself.

For example, I will nominate myself, Anthony Sava. In order for me to be a member of the CWC, someone needs to recongize me as a candidate, and then someone else must second that nomination.

In order to nominate yourself, recognize a nomination, or to second a nomination, reply to this thread stating your opinions. Anyone in the Lugnet.Castle community may recognize or second a nomination.

I propose a deadline of September 7, 2003 for all finalizations of nominations. A week isn’t too short in my opinion. If you’re active in the community, you’ll have checked Lugnet.Castle at least once in one week’s time.

The members of the CWC who are finalized will then vote among themselves for a Chairman of the CWC, who’s job will be to keep the momentum up, and who create a time table for the CWC to work on, so that a final product will be produced.

The conclusions of the CWC should then be made public to the Lugnet.Castle community to be approved (or not) and implimented.

Do I hear a second on all counts?

--Anthony