 Castle / Ninja / 42
Re: pirate + ninja
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:38:07 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

"Marc Nelson Jr." wrote:

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Chris Barker writes:
Has anyone considered that pirate minifigs work well as Portugese
traders and missionaries within the Ninja world?  I did a MoC based on
this which I'll post pics of one day.  Maybe I'll get around to doing
some Nagasaki MoCs since it was one of the few places where Nambanjin
(southern barbarians) were permitted to live.

Chris Barker
chris@superfami.com

Actually, I was just thinking about that whole concept. There is a big Pirate
Game get-together that is supposed to be happening in June, and I was thinking
about the possibility of building an island inhabited by Ninja types. I would
love to see your pictures! Did you build any ships in your MOC? I have really
wanted to do a junk but haven't got around to it yet.

Hmm, a Ninja island for the Pirate Game... I'll have to think about how
that might work into the game...

Of course there's lots of opportunity for piracy and whatnot in the
oriental world. In fact, that corner of the world is one area where
piracy is still pretty common... I'd love to see some good Chinese junk
MOCs.

Frank

Well, there were a lot of Japanese pirates.  They used to make life very
unpleasant for the Koreans and Chinese.  The Koreans called em "Wako".

Chris Barker
chris@superfami.com