 Castle / Ninja / 41
Re: What kinds of rooms are in Japanese castles ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:20:03 GMT

4 48x48 plates?  Are you sure that will be big enough ?_?

I went there years ago and all I remember is that the rooms were small
and the floors were dark brown wood...

Have you looked at http://www.himeji-castle.gr.jp/ ? lots of pics and it
has a good English section for people who don't read Japanese.

Nice stuff at http://www.jgc.co.jp/waza/a5_himeji/ too.

Chris

Kung-Khoon Quah wrote:

Here's my open question for the group which will help me out when I am
planning my interiors.  I am planning a very large (4 gray baseplate)
Himeji castle and would like to have some ideas on what people have read
or think are legitimate Japanese castle rooms.
Example, the main donjon at Himeji was a command center so the upper floors
served as living quarters for the lord's so we have bedrooms, audience
chambers, meditation rooms, tea rooms.  It usually has storage rooms and
the obligatory arsenal/armory rooms.
Probably administrative rooms for clerks were found there.
What other rooms do you think ?

KK