 Castle / 800
Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 02:50:59 GMT

James Brown wrote in message ...
In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:

James Brown wrote in message ...
My 2 cents worth to solve the problem of dim lights: why not not try • using
a plug-in transformer from one of the train sets?  Not only will this
support a large load of lights, but you will actually have complete • remote
control over the whole light array and never needlessly drain batteries.

I'm not using one because I don't have one. ;)
If I ever see a train with enough castle-applicable parts to interest me,
at a good discount, I may get one.  Until then, I shall rely on the • battery
box. Unless there's some altruistic train-head out there with too many of
these?

Ask in Buy Sell Trade, you will get a response. Many trainheads have way • too
many (Larry P. always pipes up that he will sell one).

<grin> The reason I didn't bother asking in BST would be because I'm not
actually interested enough to *pay* for one.
Besides, my budget for non-retail Lego is woefully slim right now, so I'm
going to spend it on pieces, not wiring. :)

You might still ask. Offer to pay the shipping cost. Someone who has way to
many might just give you one. Of course if you think about the cost of
batteries, the $20ish that it would cost you for a controller would be well
worth it.

Frank