 Castle / 1517
1516  |  1518
Subject:
(Update)Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:56:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Siskind writes:
<snipped discussion about why LEGO lights are dim>
My 2 cents worth to solve the problem of dim lights: why not not try using a
plug-in transformer from one of the train sets?  Not only will this support a
large load of lights, but you will actually have complete remote control over
the whole light array and never needlessly drain batteries.

Well, James Powell was kind enough to send me a transformer out of his
spares(1), and I hooked it up this weekend as a test.  Long and short of it:
the lights are significantly brighter with the transformer.

Which is cool, because now I don't have to turn the (room) lights out when I'm
showing off my castle. ;)  I still haven't checked to see how it turns out in
pictures, though.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

1:in exchange for credit in my next sale.  Thanks James!