 Castle / 748
Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:34:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
I'm not sure if that's what I'm running into or not.  My lights are rather
buried in my castle, and I can't say I'm willing to dig them out right now.
I am running (if memory serves correctly) 8 or 9 lights off one box, and 4 of
those are the 'police' lights (1x4 brick, two lights on top that alternate),
so about 12 bulbs in total, running off 1 battery box through 3 9v wires, and
a number of the conducting plates.

All that being said though, I'm fairly certain that the big reason the lights
are dim is that Lego lights *are* dim.  They just don't shed a whole lotta
light.

Well, here's a question for you: what kind of box is it? Is it the 4x8?x2?
battery box with the single grey button (runs off 1 9v battery), or the
4x12?x3? battery box w/ 2 buttons (runs off 6 AA batteries)? I think (if
memory serves) that running lots of lights off of a little (9v battery) box
was a lot dimmer than using the larger box (6 AA's)... Otherwise, can you hook
up multiple boxes to add power? I forget whether that works or not... But I
seem to remember 6 AA's working a lot better than a single 9v...

I'm using the larger battery box.  I haven't tried multple boxes yet, mostly
because I haven't dug up 6 spare batteries yet.  I will try it when I get a
chance, and let people know the result.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/