 Castle / 834
Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 19:42:18 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Larry Pieniazek writes:
James Brown wrote:
<grin> The reason I didn't bother asking in BST would be because I'm not
actually interested enough to *pay* for one.
Besides, my budget for non-retail Lego is woefully slim right now, so I'm
going to spend it on pieces, not wiring. :)

So you have money to blow on batteries but not on the more ecologically
sound alternative?? Take the long view (say, more than 5 hours worth,
how long a set of batteries will last) and make the investment in our
childrens future.

I run the batteries for 5-10 minute periods when showing it off or taking
pictures.  6 batteries have lasted me well over a year now.  Batteries=cheap.

We also have lots of other stuff in the house that can use batteries and that
don't have a DC plug.  Batteries=versatile.

(previous to discussion) We can get batteries at Radio Shack, a Lego power
source involves buying something I don't want <trains>.  Batteries=available.

Power supply has a cord, batteries don't.  Batteries=portable.

We have a battery recycle bin at work.  Batteries!=environmentally unfriendly.

For most applications, batteries win.

All that being said, someone is sending me a spare they have in exchange for
credit in my sale.

So the point becomes rapidly moot. :)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/