 Castle / 740
Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:37:03 GMT

James Brown writes:
I haven't done any motorizing, but I have done lighting.  I use the 9v
system as opposed to L&S stuff, and it works fairly well, the only problem
is that it's a bit dim.  However, with a red cap (as comes in one of the
service packs) they work well as 'glow' from a fireplace.  I use them
behind stoves, and underneath fires.  A fireplace piled with red & orange
trans- 1x1's looks really cool with a light behind it.

Having been a Castle-only collector, I'm really not at all familiar with any
motorized or lighting elements.  Could you please explain a little more about
how you did what you describe?  Where did you hide the power source?  Where did
you run the wires so that they weren't visible?  And so on.  This sounds like a
fascinating idea!

Rick Kurtzuba