 Castle / 738
Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 16:33:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Michael Ulring writes:
I'm considering using Micro Motors for the two entrances in my new castle.
Has anyone else done this?  What about Lego lights (from L&S sets) being used
inside various shops or rooms inside the castle?

There are numerous other instances where a motor could be used in the castle,
various siege elements, cranes, opening/closing doors.

I'm just not sure I like motorizing castle creations.  It seems a little out
of place I guess.

I haven't done any motorizing, but I have done lighting.  I use the 9v system
as opposed to L&S stuff, and it works fairly well, the only problem is that
it's a bit dim.  However, with a red cap (as comes in one of the service
packs) they work well as 'glow' from a fireplace.  I use them behind stoves,
and underneath fires.  A fireplace piled with red & orange trans- 1x1's looks
really cool with a light behind it.

I'm considering tracking down another battery pack, to see if that makes a
difference in the dimness, cause I've got ~8 or 9 running off one pack.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/