 Castle / 5590
  My first Castle MOC has been started!

Check out: (URL) some pictures of the start of my new castle. It will be a Wolfpack castle nestled on a clifside by the sea. A large sea cave will have a dock area and an underground stream, with stairs leading up to the castle. A steep road will (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started!

Man Frank, I thought my room was bad! how do you find anything in there??? I've got stuff in bags all over my room right now, and I can't seem to remember which bag has what it in if it's a misc. bag... I know I need to sit down and do some serious (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

Mookie wrote in message <39830CF2.100D548A@w...tt.net>... (...) When everything is stowed, it's pretty easy to find stuff. While building, I'm always misplacing a bag. Each drawer, tub, crate, or other large container holds similar parts. For (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

Well begun Frank. Off to conquer even more worlds (or should I say themes?). I can't figure out what you moved or packed away to make room for this layout? Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:FyH0Mr.921@lugnet.com... (...) I'm (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started!

sheree rosenkrantz wrote in message ... (...) Oh, I've been conquering the Castle theme for some time (though I'm not even pretending to try and become castle complete - actually, Pirates is the only significant theme I'm trying for completeness (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - more pictures!

Ok, as promised, I've got more pictures. I'm not sure whether I'll continue this project or abandon it. Read the older posts if you want to find out more background. The pictures are at: (URL) on the pictures (sorry about the mess in the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - more pictures!

(...) By all means continue, looks cool so far. I particurly like the picture where there is more "narrative" at work -- as where the boat is coming out from underneath the bridge. Once you develop some characters, I'm sure it will be a great (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - more pictures!

(...) see the battlements rise just like in the old days! Just a question: Are you going to mottle up that light grey cliff-face so it's not so uniform, using a few dkgrey bricks, a handful of green bricks, and a few plant bits? It might get the (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - more pictures!

(...) Of course there's the minor detail that sailboats can't make it under the bridge... 6057 is a _little_ shorter than the ship from 6277, but only by a brick or two. (...) If you look at my postings over in lugnet.off-topic.debate, you'll (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - more pictures!

(...) Yea, I'm very pleased with the river and bridge. In fact, even if I abandon the huge sea cave idea, I'll still keep the bridge. I would have liked to make the bridge narrower, but for the 6038 cart to be able to cross it, the roadway needed to (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

Ok, I decided to take a break from massive earth moving, and work up some characters, here they have all posed for the artist (who is sitting on a flying carpet off the cliff face...): (URL) left to right, top row: Karl Gundersson, commander of the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

Missing is Vulf's eldest son, Lars. No doubt he has left Castles and joined Pirates. Bruce (there's a joke hiding in there somewhere) (...) characters, here they have all posed for the artist (who (...) Chandruth's accomplishments are the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) Reeeeeeeally? <grin> Please clarify, I haven't been following .pirates *that* carefully; Frank-ly, (1) I haven't been following much of lugnet carefully at all... I barely even noticed I won CLSOTW... (2) ... just barely keeping up on .castle. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) Oh, I don't know, I think it is quite possible that I will run out of bricks on this creation. I'm already almost out of red 2x4 bricks, and I have a lot more support superstructure to go (which will likely eat up all the blue and yellow (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) The Sea Wolf, by Jack London. The central character being a ship captain named Wolf Larson. If Vulf has a son named Lar, he'd be Lars Vulfson. I TOLD you the joke was hiding (and perhaps should have stayed hidden). :-) Bruce (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) Chandruth's accomplishments are the firecasters the Pack's (...) Hehehehehe, All I can think of is: "Derrrr vas Karl Gunderson and Vulf Gunderson and Dirk Gunderson and Helga Gunderson and Jorek Gunderson and Kyla Gunderson, and Gunder (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

Ok, more pictures here: (URL) Vulfsdottir, Jorek Gundersson, Karl Gundersson, Rolf (the standard bearer) (URL) Gundersson, Helga, Dirk Vulfson (URL) Firemaster, a pair of wolfmen. Please go ahead and add me to Castle World. I'm not sure if Vulf is (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  CORRECTIONS: Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

Frank Filz wrote in message ... (...) Pack's (...) Helga's full name is Helga Kendriksdottir. (...) ^^^^^^^^ Oops - that should be Vulf (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: My first Castle MOC has been started - characters!

(...) or not yet, but please add a link to clan Vulf. (...) Sure thing, Frank! Just lemme know when you decide on a sigfig. -Chris (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle.org.cw)