 Castle / 3065
Re: [OT] Quotes - was: Where is everybody?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 10:03:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Hampusgård writes:
"craig hamilton" wrote...
  "talking about music is like dancing about archticture!"

Ah, thanks. I knew it was close.

  it's one of my favorite quotes! it's been attributed to everybody from
philonious monk to laurie anderson, (and yes mr. zappa): but it was
originally uttered by none other than the amazing steve martin.  ;-)

You sure about that? It sure sounds weird enough to be mr Martin.

yeti 'nother eric ~

yeah! sorry it took me so long to get back to responding. i was overjoyed
recently to found this out while listening to susan stanberg interview
laurie anderson on NPR.  laurie 'fessed up that she has said it many times,
but assured that it was originally steve martin who coined the phrase.  i
was pleased to find this out, but kind of shocked.  i'd always thought it
would have been monk for sure.

  who knows? they could all be in on some weird musical comedic plot to
confuse the intellectuals of the world.  but then again, i've never known
ms. anderson to tell an untruth.  "the sun _is_ coming up like a big bald
head!" (i saw her live back in '87 ~ amazing!)

  later ~ craig~

// Eric (yet another (or rather yeti another, cause it's snowing like
hell[1]))

[1] Well, if it'd been snowing in hell, it'd be darn close to freezing over
and I'm not too sure as to whether we'd like _that_.