 Castle / 2890
Re: Where is everybody?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 20:16:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/temp/PIC00009.JPG

A great hue and cry rose from Kingston: "Save us from Kitty! He eateth our
superfat chickens, leaving us only the scrawny and gristly. He maketh Pianos to
fall from on high, squashingeth our fellow townsfolk. He doth stompeth around
like he owns the place, yea, and even bats around those whose feet are not
firmly planted in the ground. Deliver us from the feline menace!"

And it was done. A great and precariously dangling Tower was built above the
great abyss, a safe platform from which to drop boat weights, undesirable
Timmies, odd yellow rectangles with eyes painted on them, and suchlike onto the
Great Furry menace as it passed below.

And Kitty was not pleased.

With a great leap, Du Chat bounded up into the city proper, scattering
merchants and soldiers and common townsfolk everywhere! Truly, the wrath of
Kitty beforehand was a pittance compared to the wrath of Kitty now! Woe, alas,
what could be done to discourage He Who Grooms Himself Constantly from wreaking
further havoc upon the poor townsfolk?

Enter the trebuchet! And with a great swing and a mighty back and forth
rocking, the impact of the Head of Timmy did freak the Cat out, and causeth him
to find something else to do.