 CAD / 16722
Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 23:28:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

The above may help with LPub showing the right portion of a large mode, but it
doesn't help with cropping the image size to contain what has changed, which I
think would have a significant impact on building instruction size.  LEGO does
occasionally show cropped portions of whole model images, but they don't do that
as a general rule.  But then again, they don't generally sell 25 foot tall Sears
towers.

LPub already has a mechanism for identifying where callouts are added to a model
so it can place the arrows from the callout to the center of the callout usage.
I suppose it could do a similar thing for "parts added in this step" and crop
the image to contain those.  I'm pretty sure that would not be the default
behavior though.  Egads, more features.

I gotta get through the backlog of bugs first.

No rush Kevin.  There are probably not too many of us making instructions for
models of this size, and we at least have (painful) workarounds in the interim.
If you never get to it, I'm still very thankful for LPub, and if you do get to
it, you are just that much more awesome.

I've always thought that you should test out large LPub models by making
instructions for your pneumatic hexapod and then giving them to me.  ;-)

Eric