 CAD / 16697
Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 2009 20:30:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Man, LPub sure has gotten complicated :^) Anyone want to help?

Does finger pointing to bugs count?

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=16523&t=i&v=a

w.

Hi Willy,

  This is not the kind of help I was asking about.  I was asking if anyone was
interested in helping with the software development of LPub.  It is getting too
large for one person to work on alone.

  If would seem you have issues with the images created by your renderer.  The
black shadows are not under LPub control (I don't think).  The parts in the PLI
and the assembly image are PNG images with what is called an alpha channel.  The
alpha channel indicates transparency for each pixel in the picture.  The PNG
image is rectangular and for most of the pixels in the image, the alpha channel
value (0 - transparent, 0xff is opaque), seem to be correct.

  The black shadows that you see along the edges of the parts are where the
alpha channel values are not what you want.

  Since LPub does not generate these images, it only uses what is generated, I
do not know how to help you with this problem.

Kevin