 CAD / 16555
  LPub 4 Callouts

I'm trying out LPub 4 for the first time and am having some trouble. (Note that I am a veteran of LPub 3). Every time I attempt to make a submodel into a callout, the program simply crashes. Has anyone else used the callout function successfully or (...) (15 years ago, 25-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts

(...) Eric, I do not experience any problems in creating callouts. Positioning them is sometimes a bit tricky. Adding them manually is always a good thing to try. The syntax is this: 0 !LPUB CALLOUT BEGIN 1 x x x x x x submodel.ldr 0 !LPUB CALLOUT (...) (15 years ago, 26-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) Thanks Jaco. Through the process of doing it manually and a lot of other trial and error, I discovered the problem. My submodels had a dot (.) in the title. This seemed to confuse LPub and result in the problems I saw. I converted all the dots (...) (15 years ago, 26-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) OK, good tip for other users too, to not use dots in filenames. (...) I believe you have to create the submodels individually indead. That is what I always do anyway. (...) I'm afraid I do not have the exact answer to that, but I believe LPub (...) (15 years ago, 27-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) There are some programs available to create mirrored subparts without using a mirror matrix. (URL) don't know how well they work with all the new parts since they were developed, but it can't hurt to try them. Enjoy, Don (15 years ago, 27-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) LSynth 3.0 comes with PLI_TECHNIC_AXLE_FLEXIBLE_x meta commands. If your Synthesis is not supported use this workaround: (URL) (15 years ago, 27-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) Thanks! I did not know about this. Presuming that I have already synthesized the axles, can I just change the Synth command to what you have above, or do I need to re-synthesize? Does LSynth take the length into account when synthesizing and (...) (15 years ago, 27-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) Further research reveals that, at least in LPub 4.0.0.4, mirroring DOES work appropriately in the instructions as long as the mirrored submodel is in a callout. If it is not in a callout (for instance spanning multiple pages), then it does not (...) (15 years ago, 27-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

As long as we're having such a good dialog, here is another one. I have a very large assembly which is too large to fit on one page and still see the building details. I can zoom in and the assembly simply hangs off the edges of the page. The (...) (15 years ago, 27-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) I think this is a good question for Kevin? ;-) (15 years ago, 28-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) While creating instructions I have discovered that you can use extra dots in filenames as long as the name of the model before the first dot is unique per step in a callout. For example if you a filename like submodel.1.ldr and submodel.2.ldr (...) (15 years ago, 28-Oct-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) There is no support in LPub for the case where the assembly image is larger than the page. Sorry. Kevin (15 years ago, 2-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) How about a redraw when dragging the assembly? Jaco (15 years ago, 3-Nov-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) So many features, so few memories. The latest version of LPub (at least the Windows one), has support for mirrored sub-models. It knows about mirrored matricies (thanks to minds here that are mathematically superior to mine :^) One test model (...) (14 years ago, 3-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) I wondered about that. I'll have to look and understand why. Man, LPub sure has gotten complicated :^) Anyone want to help? Thanks, Kevin (14 years ago, 3-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Kevin (...) (14 years ago, 3-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) Does finger pointing to bugs count? (URL) (14 years ago, 3-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) Hi Willy, This is not the kind of help I was asking about. I was asking if anyone was interested in helping with the software development of LPub. It is getting too large for one person to work on alone. If would seem you have issues with the (...) (14 years ago, 3-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) Well, I'm interested in helping to maintain current builds for the Macintosh. We're still at 4.0.0.1. If you update the SourceForge page with the current code, I will work on that - and then my interest might be rekindled enough to delve (...) (14 years ago, 3-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) OK, here goes. When an assembly is too large to fit on the page, LPub crops the image. When one drags the assembly image to another position LPub does not redraw the image. See: (URL) (14 years ago, 4-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) models, so it is quite common for the assembly not to fit on the page. The workaround I have used so far is to make my own custom assembly images from LView and them manually put them in the final PDF file. That's what I did (URL) here>. Eric (14 years ago, 4-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) You know I could swear I pointed you towards a potential candidate for this, like a month or so ago... https://retracile.ne...0/10/16.45 Did you ever get a chance to follow up on that? Don (14 years ago, 5-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) I'm on my way, thanks! Kevin (14 years ago, 5-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) In the case of L3P and POV-Ray, there was the ability for look at coordinates so that you could control what is the center of the viewed image. If such a mechanism were to exist in LDView and LDGLite, LPub could support that. This combined (...) (14 years ago, 5-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) I guess I dropped that ball. Someone contacted me about Lunix patches for LPub, and I ignored them. I should have encouraged him to put those patches onto sourceforge himself and join the team. I'll work on that. (...) Kevin (14 years ago, 5-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) Hm... wouldn't it be relatively easy to implement (yet effective) just to have the possibility to define the crop window for a certain assembly step? That would then work independently on the renderer. And if the coordinates were given in % (...) (14 years ago, 5-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) I'm not sure what you mean by this. Both LDView and ldglite have ways to share the coordinates used for a particular viewpoint. Something like this: (URL) do you just want a way to set the "look at" point on the command line. I believe that's (...) (14 years ago, 6-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) LPub knows what parts are added at each step. LPub could find the min/max locations of all parts added and have the look at coordinate be (min_x+max_x)/2, (min_y+max_y)/2, (min_z+max_z)/2. This would give a general idea of where to look. One (...) (14 years ago, 7-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote: <snip> (...) Pardon me replying to my own post..... The above may help with LPub showing the right portion of a large mode, but it doesn't help with cropping the image size to contain what has changed, which I (...) (14 years ago, 7-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) No rush Kevin. There are probably not too many of us making instructions for models of this size, and we at least have (painful) workarounds in the interim. If you never get to it, I'm still very thankful for LPub, and if you do get to it, you (...) (14 years ago, 7-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) As a matter of fact I am creating buildinginstructions for a model that eventually goes of the page, but for now I just scale down the assembly size as the model grows. But I totally agree with Eric: no rush and thanks for LPub! Jaco (14 years ago, 8-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) Thanks Eric. (...) Well, let me tell you, that the hardest part about the pneumatic walkers is getting all hoses on correctly. It is even harder within LDraw and LSynth! I hear there is a new LSynth out there that produces much smaller files (...) (14 years ago, 8-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)

(...) Bringing this feature request back to life ... I'm working on a project now that's 45 bricks tall. I'd love the ability to reposition the image inside the crop window, or specify if I'd like the top, bottom, or both (current behavior) to be (...) (13 years ago, 28-Dec-10, to lugnet.cad)