 CAD / 16565
Re: LPub 4 Callouts (and other questions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 23:11:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Eric Albrecht wrote:

I have some assemblies in the model which are mirrored left and right
using a tranformation matrix.  LPub does not show and assembly being
built mirrored.  Any way around this or do I have to actually create
all the assemblies individually?

I believe you have to create the submodels individually indead.
That is what I always do anyway.

There are some programs available to create mirrored subparts without
using a mirror matrix.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/mlcad/?n=2240

I don't know how well they work with all the new parts since they were
developed, but it can't hurt to try them.

Enjoy,

Don

Further research reveals that, at least in LPub 4.0.0.4, mirroring DOES work
appropriately in the instructions as long as the mirrored submodel is in a
callout.  If it is not in a callout (for instance spanning multiple pages), then
it does not display as mirrored, presumably because it is then not linked to the
original model which called it.