 CAD / 15558
Re: Foundry Technology Preview Tool (was Re: BFC Tool?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:32:57 GMT

There has been some test work done to show the 'Cool Silver Diffuse' parts
(black with a "spray-painted silver" overcoat look to them, from 2005 onward)
with the right speckles that's very promising, for instance.  Well, promising,
anyway; not sure about "very" promising.

(drooling over the possibilities...)

I have another little complaint: I find it too easy to inadvertently edit and
modify LDraw primitives. Could it be possible to handle files placed in LDraw
folder differently and issue warning if the user tries to modify them?

OK, so I think we're now getting to user-feature requests, over things that need
serious attention.  Which is fine, but for a technology preview, it's probably
best not to focus on the small details before there are major features
implemented that need attention first.

Sorry again... I totally agree that it is something that can wait for an
official release!

That said, let me understand better... do you want a warning issued whenever the
user tries to [Edit] or change the winding of any portion of a part file
appearing the in the p/ directory?
Yes - parts/ too.

Please go at this app carefully with test data and look for cracks in the armor.
If we can't find those, then hopefully we'll get some better features
implemented (adding lines is in development right now), and THEN start fixing
any user-features we forgot to design in.

Sure. Keep us posted with new previews!

Just the same, presuming I understood your intent, that design feature is
strongly noted.
Thanks!

Philo

     -- joshua