 CAD / 15507

Subject:
BFC Tool?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2008 03:47:09 GMT

Just out of random, or perhaps not so random curiosity, is there a tool that can
take the red/ green of the BFC tools in Ldview/ L3Lab and highlight the
corresponding lines?  I ask because I'm slowly trying to reverse lines between
MLcad/LDview/LDDP and it's taking a long time to figure which lines need to be
reversed and which lines don't.  It's probably my own fault for writing the part
the way I did, but I think it would be helpful to have a tool like that
somewhere.  There is a button in MLcad for BFC but mine doesn't do anything - is
there a way to change that?

Just wondering . . .

Ben

Re: BFC Tool?
Just out of random, or perhaps not so random curiosity, is there a tool that can
take the red/ green of the BFC tools in Ldview/ L3Lab and highlight the
corresponding lines?  I ask because I'm slowly trying to reverse lines between
MLcad/LDview/LDDP and it's taking a long time to figure which lines need to be
reversed and which lines don't.  It's probably my own fault for writing the part
the way I did, but I think it would be helpful to have a tool like that
somewhere.  There is a button in MLcad for BFC but mine doesn't do anything - is
there a way to change that?

Just wondering . . .

I think the easiest thing to do is put LDDP into polling to cursor mode, then
move down the part one text line at a time.  When you see a reversed polygon,
fix it.  It's not perfect, but it's what I did when I decided to BFC an existing
part.  (Note that I don't author parts, but I have cleaned a few up.)

There was a tool that somebody wrote that I don't think was ever released that
did this with clicks in the tool.  Something like that could be added to LDView,
but it would be a fairly significant feature, and not really in keeping with
LDView being a viewer.

--Travis

Re: BFC Tool?