 CAD / 14406
Subject:
colors completeness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:10:54 GMT

Hi,

I have some questions about all those colors.
I am using BrickSmith on Mac, I do not know if MLCAD does offer more colors.
Bricksmith is missing the newer transparent dark orange and medium blue colors
and some rarely used solid ones as bluish light grey, maersk blue, medium blue,
light lime, very light orange, flesh tones.

I did a model containing all colors in BrickSmith:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LGEO/colors/picture_3.png

you can download the model file:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LGEO/colors/colors.ldr

Exported with L3P and the LGEO option, it renders like this:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LGEO/colors/colors.png

Lost by the conversion are the pearl colors (upper corner), new bluish greys and
reddish brown. very light grey becomes chrome silver and dark orange renders
chrome gold.

Is there any comittee organizing colors? I think we should have a list where
each color ever produced (best source for color catalog is BrickLink, I think)
is assigned to a color number? This would help programmers of the CAD programs
as the users when using more uncommon colors. (Ok, the discussion of color names
itself is an issue of its own...)

Lutz

Re: colors completeness